September 15, 2014

BECOME THE CEO OF YOUR LIFE TODAY

the always changing, always inspiring savageOM headquarters

IF YOU COULD DO THREE THINGS DIFFERENTLY TODAY, WHAT WOULD THEY BE? 
It is incredibly easy to waste away hours of our lives travelling down the internet rabbit hole, spending too much time with toxic company or puttering around our homes. The majority of the time, these habits leave us feeling anxious about all the things we should have been doing. The shame spiral. The shoulda, woulda, coulda blues. This is especially easy to fall victim too if you work from home, own your own business, or are a student - why? Because no one is watching you. You are your very own chief executive officer. I just so happen to fall into all of the above categories, and then some: self-employed, work from many elusive places, yoga teacher, student, exceptional procrastinator and pro-chiller. I made a huge transition in my life, committing to pursue education towards a career that is meaningful to me, run my own business, live a lifestyle that feeds my body, mind and spirit, and to fulfill my dharma (aka my cosmic job description). Since this radical 180, I have felt a waterfall of emotions - freedom, strength, confidence, fear, doubt and of course, shock (What have I done!?!). All of these emotions and feelings move and morph day-to-day so I give them little weight of worry; however since my big change I have felt at the mercy of everyone else’s priorities and this is not good. What I have learned very quickly is that without the big boss watching over me, I quickly lost track of my boundaries, my energy, my time and my priorities. In order to take back control, I decided to step into my new full-time job as CEO of my very own life. When you are accountable to yourself, to running your business, and staying true to your vision you must CONSCIOUSLY be the CEO every single day or else bad habits, energy vampires, and other peoples priorities will run you. Regardless of what your current job title(s) are, I have a new opportunity for you as CEO. Are you ready to step up to the challenge? The rewards are beautiful. Trust me.

I started to think of my own bad habits and how I could change them into new positive, successful habits. My list went on... and on. So I decided to start with the three listed below. And here comes your first assignment:

DITCH THREE BAD HABITS AND CREATE THREE NEW SUCCESSFUL ONES

DITCH IT: 
> Staying up until the wee hours of the morning in expense of much needed rest. 
> Staying in bed and skipping my 7 am morning Yoga practice. 
> Wasting hours on Pinterest, blogs, and other thrilling internet drama. 

ADOPT IT: 
> Take care of your precious self (think quality sleep, nourishing foods, daily movement)  
> Surround yourself with other heart-centered, driven, passionate savages.
> Say NO to everything that doesn’t align with your vision and priorities. 

Your turn. It’s not easy and it’s definitely not fun thinking about what we give our precious energy too. If you feel embarrassed about the amount of time that is lost on meaningless things in your life, do not despair. CHANGE something today. Just do it. Reward yourself with a couple squats or an Americano, or even better throw on some Beyonce and dance a little :)


Final savage tip for the week: Schedule a weekly meeting with your CEO. 
See, the thing about meetings with the big boss - you can’t cancel. You cannot show up late and you sure as hell better bring your BEST self forward. Weekly check-ins will help you stay you track, keep you energized and prepared for the next big adventure. Win a little, fail a lot, but never, never, EVER give up.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you fellow savage. I completely agree with your 'ditch it, adopt it' approach to a new, better, fresher start. September is here, the leaves are starting to turn and soon I will be eating apples and honey in celebration of a sweet new year. Goodbye sleepless nights, pointless pursuits and "I'll do it tomorrow"s. Here's to pure energy, self-love and dedicated focus. See you soon soul sister ;)

    ReplyDelete