April 24, 2014

LISTEN: VINYASA YOGA PLAYLIST



Yesterday evening, I taught to the soundtrack of my most recent Vinyasa Playlist creation. 
It left me feeling very inspired... Hope you enjoy! 
(perfect for a one-hour practice with an extra sweet Savasana) 



Lonely Beach - Lemongrass
Cavalier- James Vincent McMorrow
Open - Rhye
One More Time with Feeling - Regina Spektor
Private Universe - Crowded House
Tessellate - alt-J
Little Star - Stina Nordenstam
You Got Caught - Kevin Drew
Perfect Darkness - Fink
It's Cool - Kevin Drew
Morning - Beck
Dreaming My Dreams - The Cranberries
Svefn-G-Englar - Sigur Rós

I have the best job in the world.
Not only does teaching yoga bring me profound, personal pleasure, it also allows me to celebrate my two greatest passions in union with one another: yoga and music. Many of us have come to think of yoga music, strictly, as the sound of singing bowls, or Sanskrit chanting.  Like all things in life, the choice is up to you. While some yogi’s find music to be a distraction, others will tell you it invigorates their practice! It is no secret that I have an intense love for music. Some days I teach to the hour long, meditative drone of Jonathan Goldman’s Ultimate Om, while on other days the sounds of bonobo, alt-j, sigur ros and even The Roots and Otis Redding can be heard coming from inside the studio walls. The practice of Vinyasa Yoga – linking breath with movement – begs for rhythm and beats.

Bottom line: music and yoga have the power to influence deep emotional and physical release, inviting those who have the courage to really go there the opportunity to explore their deepest desires and greatest fears, connecting to the beautiful PERFECTION of their flaws.

I am so incredibly fortunate to teach yoga to a group of woman who continually inspire me with their beauty, depth, and devotion – both on and off their yoga mats. Through their willingness to share their personal stories with me each week, our classes our rich in lessons of love, loss, perseverance and laughter.

“Yoga is like music: 
the rhythm of the body, 
the melody of the mind, 
and the harmony of the 
soul create the symphony 
of life.”  B.K.S. Iyengar




No comments:

Post a Comment