April 11, 2014

LISTEN: NEW MUSIC FOR YOUR EARS

It is quite possible that I am a walking playlist. I always feel more myself when there is music on around me. The soundtrack of my life would be all sorts of amazing. From my early obsession with the Beatles and Van Morrison to my angsty teenage crushes on Kurt, Courtney, Eddie and Veruca Salt. Then came hip-hop, my love of Biggie, Tupac and Bone Thugs was as epic as it was short lived. Pretty sure Radiohead, Broken Social Scene and The Stones have remained consistent throughout, along with Bob Marley and anything with a solid beat. The Jungle days were fun, exhausting, but fun and we can't forget the dramatic heartbreaks that were soothed only by the latest love ballad or emo acoustic song sung from the lips of, oh I don't know, say Patrick Watson or Ray LaMontagne. Yoga music, synth, soul, reggae... there is so much music out there, so much talent, so much emotion. I can't wait to share more playlists with you, especially with the arrival of festival season! Rest assured I'll be posting, along with some great guest writers, about all things Toronto Music as we welcome back Field Trip Music & Arts Festival and Turf to Fort York & Garrison Common. 

THREE NEW ALBUMS worth more than one listen...
Sometimes I surprise myself with what makes it onto my heavy rotation list. I was a total skeptic about all three albums spotlighted below; however, they are, each in their own right, fantastic. Get into it. 

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment